The Safe Schools Project of Santa Cruz County, founded in 2004, works to raise awareness of the atmosphere queer youth face on school campuses in Santa Cruz County, advocate for the enforcement of AB 537, The California Student Safety & Violence Prevention Act of 2000, and be a catalyst for action in each Santa Cruz County school district to make schools safer for all youth. Funded, in part, by the County Mental Health Act.
Safe Schools Project Resource Links
- Mission & Objectives
- Safe School Liaison
- GSA List
- Safe School Resources
- Community Action Teams
- Safe Schools Project Task Force
- Safe Schools Project Reports
- Queer & Ally Student Summit 2015
- Queer & Ally Student Summit 2016
- Queer, Trans* & Ally Student Summit 2017
- Spring 2016 Queer & Ally Youth Calendar
The Safe Schools Project works in collaboration with the Santa Cruz County Office of Education’s School Mental Health Partnership and receives funding from the County of Santa Cruz’s Health Services Agency and the Mental Health Services Act (MHSA).