The Transgender Teen Project focuses on the issues facing middle school and high school transgender students, such as safer schools, community support and homelessness. A project of the Queer Youth Task Force. Funded, in part, by a generous grant from the Savitt Family Foundation.
Current Projects Include:
- Advisory Board for the Trans Teen Project
- Working with the Homeless Services Center in Santa Cruz on Trans Youth Support
- Mentoring Project for Transgendered Youth
- Creating a Fact-sheet: “10 Things Parents Can Do to Support their Trans Children”
- Working with Two High School Transgendered Youth Interns
- Public Service Announcements (PSA’s) for Trans Teen Project Awareness Program to be aired on CTV and YouTube. Filmed in collaboration with Community TV of Santa Cruz County.
- PSA’s for Radio (KZSC & KUSP)
- 24th National Conference on LGBT Equality, Creating Change Conference
- Purchasing books for schools, such as "Transfigurations" by Jana Marcus
- Purchasing DVD’s for LGBT Lending Library, such as “Tough Guise”
Currently seeking interns. School credit available.
The Transgender Teen Project Advisory Board is scheduled to meet in February 2012. If interested in supporting the Project, please contact us.
Contact Information: (831) 427-4004 or
Important Resource in Santa Cruz County:
Medical Support for Transition: Youth
Dr. Jennifer Hastings
(831) 426-5550, ext. 44
A collaboration among the Diversity Center, Planned Parenthood Medical Clinic and the SC Trans Therapist Team help you get a transition letter, medical treatment, and any therapy support you need to transition. For a letter or therapist referral, contact Dr. Shane Hill 423-0849. For medical treatment, contact Dr. Jennifer Hastings 426-5550, x44.
Beyond the Binary Campaign
Transgender and Gender Non-Conforming Student's Rights in California Schools
Transgender Law Center
The Sylvia Rivera Law Project - Youth
The National Center for Transgender Equality
Gender Public Advocacy Coalition (GenderPAC)
Diversity Center Resource Directory - Transgender Resources
Intersex Society of North America (ISNA)
Intersex Awareness Day
Intersex Initiative (IPDX)