2016-2017 LGBT/Ally Youth Leadership Opportunities:
The Queer Youth Task Force is proud to announce its Leadership Development Project to inspire, empower, and support LGBT/Allied youth in Santa Cruz County.
The project develops leadership by facilitating youth involvement in local community service and through participation in local, regional, and national conferences.
- Queer, Trans* and Ally Youth Council of Santa Cruz County (2016-2017): An LGBTIQA+ and Ally youth council made up of representatives from area schools’ GSA leaders, ASB officers, youth leaders from places of worship and other youth programs. RECRUITING NOW for 2016-2017 school year
- Gender Spectrum Camp, East Bay, CA (Summer 2017): A weekend camp in Northern California for Trans*, Gender Non-binary and Cis-gender youth. Includes travel and overnight accommodations — applications required and limited availability. RECRUITING for SUMMER 2017
- BAYMEC Dinner, San Jose, CA (Fall 2017): An annual gala dinner put on by a four-county LGBT political action group that has been advocating for the civil rights of LGBT people since 1984. For students who have a strong interest in LGBT politics.
- Models of Pride Conference, Los Angeles, CA (Fall 2017): A one-day youth-led conference for LGBTQ youth and allies. Includes travel and overnight accommodations — applications required and limited availability.
- Queer, Trans* & Allied Student Summit of Santa Cruz County, Watsonville, CA (February 11, 2017): A local summit featuring workshops for and by Santa Cruz County LGBTQ youth. No travel required — open to all.
- Youth Empowerment Summit (YES), San Francisco, CA (November 19, 2016): A one-day, youth-led conference for LGBTIQ youth and allies organized by the GSA Network. Includes travel organized by local school districts. Registration and permission slip required. Recruiting now.
- Creating Change Conference, Philadelphia, PA (Jan. 17th-22nd 2017): A week-long national conference for LGBT activists, organizers, and leaders. Includes travel and overnight accommodations — applications required and limited availability. RECRUITING NOW for January 2017; Applications due October 28, 2016.
For more information, contact us at (831) 427-4004.
Last updated March 14, 2017